ARE YOU A LAZY LLAMA? HAVE A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH PAINTING YOUR NAILS? WELL FEAR NOT, FOR CAPTAIN FURIKAKO IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!
Excuse me, I’ve got to lay off the prozac.
Well anyway, I had my eye on half-moon nails for quite a fair bit, and recently found time to try it out. If you would like to have a go at it, please continue reading~!
Half-moon nails have been spotted on plenty of celebrities lately, ranging from Rihanna to Dita von Teese. Very varied, you see. You can do it the classic way (naked half moon with red polish) or experiment with different colour combinations. Think of it as a reverse french manicure. Does that even make sense?! (well it did, in my head…)
But anyway, the beauty of this manicure is that you won’t have to worry about the new growth for quite some time, which is perfect for lazy bums like me!
Okay, less chatter, more action. Let’s move on to the real thing.
– masking tape or french manicure strips
– top coat
– base coat
– colours of your choice
– scissors and nail clippers if you are cutting the tape on your own
1) File your nails. Very exciting business, indeed.
2) Cut out a curved strip of tape, or you can use a french manicure strip OR a binder reinforcing tape
3) ~base coat~
4) Stick that tape on
5) Apply two coats of polish, letting the first coat dry a little first
6) Remove the tape carefully BEFORE your polish dries
7) Scroll through 9gag
8) Apply top coat
9) Take 3434854985670923845 photos of your nails and post it on instagram
LIKE THIS YO~ LIKE THIS~