A classmate recently asked me for some style tips, and I was at a loss. How do I style a super buffed dude twice my height? And different people have different tastes and preferences, right? So I had no proper answer for him that day. Upon careful thought, I drew out these totally professional guidelines you should totally follow to the T or risk being eviscerated by the Fashion Monster:
1 ) wear something that is comfortable or at least something that doesn’t reduce you into a squirming mass of misery, because if you don’t feel good in something, it will probably make you feel really miserable the whole time. This probably doesn’t apply to Haute couture and all that, but I’m talking about your daily outfits. You need to be able to move comfortably without breaking all your toes with every step… Unless you’re into that sort of thing. No judgement here.
2) Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. Sometimes I worry about people scoffing at whatever ensemble I decide to throw on that day. But hey, if it makes me happy, why not, right? I can be a girly 50s girl one day, and an androgynous charmer (ahem) the next. That’s what makes fashion so fun: you can be whoever you want.
3) Put in some effort: this sounds like common sense, but the amount of times I’ve seen well-dressed people ruin their outfit with a pair of unfortunate footwear coughcrocscough… However, if you decide that Crocs are your statement piece, why not pair it with neon coloured clothes and go all out? Maybe Clown Chic is going to be the next trend, you’ll never know 😉
4) Don’t take me seriously, I’m just messing around with you.
This is my “you owe me money so I am hounding you stylishly” look
“I have no food because you owe me money so now I am broke”
I have no money for Miu Miu so I bought a miau bag.
Tall people like Raven don’t need to wear double decker creepers
Dolly wink wink wink
On WAIWAI – everything is from Taiwan except for her Anna Sui bag
Top: rydia by world wide love!
Tights: pull and bear
Hair pins: pull and bear
Necklace: Vivienne Westwood
ERMAHGERD WE WENT TO MARBLE COLLECTION!
And not to brag and all, but Seto Ayumi totally blew a kiss at us and Una the goddess heard Raven’s
plaintive cries cheers and waved at her. Yura-chan was perfect as a doll. We are in L O V E.
Unfortunately, because photography wasn’t allowed, we didn’t take pictures, but we’ll probably post a link to the coverage by various media outlets when we come across them!
We are law-abiding citizens, now where’s my cookie? :C
Fangirling aside, guess who deigned to join us on our marvelous excursion?
Yes, it is the marvelous WAIYI☆!
For all intents and purposes, the three of us will be collectively known as FURIKAKO+, and FURIKAKO!! when WaiWai is absent. It’s all about branding, you see.
Annnnnnndddddddddd here’s what we wore!
If you’re a loyal reader of Zipper, you’d have noticed that models such as AMO have been carrying off the pastel trend with sass, and Ivory gave her
half-assed best shot at it! OUO
Cute ass alpaca nails done by Shining Nails~ *bleats*
Head over to Shining Nails if you want a set of kawaii ass nails too… She painted those miniature roses by hand omg NOT STICKERS OKAY *obamanotbad.jpg* (I AM NOT SPONSORED BY THEM JSYK)
Overshirt – cottonon
T-shirt – gmarket
Skirt – Bodyline
Tights – Korea
Socks – Korea
Shoes – Korea
ARE YOU A LAZY LLAMA? HAVE A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH PAINTING YOUR NAILS? WELL FEAR NOT, FOR CAPTAIN FURIKAKO IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!
Excuse me, I’ve got to lay off the prozac.
Well anyway, I had my eye on half-moon nails for quite a fair bit, and recently found time to try it out. If you would like to have a go at it, please continue reading~!
Half-moon nails have been spotted on plenty of celebrities lately, ranging from Rihanna to Dita von Teese. Very varied, you see. You can do it the classic way (naked half moon with red polish) or experiment with different colour combinations. Think of it as a reverse french manicure. Does that even make sense?! (well it did, in my head…)
But anyway, the beauty of this manicure is that you won’t have to worry about the new growth for quite some time, which is perfect for lazy bums like me!
Okay, less chatter, more action. Let’s move on to the real thing.
– masking tape or french manicure strips
– top coat
– base coat
– colours of your choice
– scissors and nail clippers if you are cutting the tape on your own
1) File your nails. Very exciting business, indeed.
2) Cut out a curved strip of tape, or you can use a french manicure strip OR a binder reinforcing tape
3) ~base coat~
4) Stick that tape on
5) Apply two coats of polish, letting the first coat dry a little first
6) Remove the tape carefully BEFORE your polish dries
7) Scroll through 9gag
8) Apply top coat
9) Take 3434854985670923845 photos of your nails and post it on instagram
LIKE THIS YO~ LIKE THIS~